Thursday, November 3, 2011

24 weeks and counting!

So once again, it's been a week since I last posted! I could write probably 20 excuses, but the truth is, I should've written a blog post. I was going to yesterday, but decided to wait until today since today I am 24 weeks, and I had a doctor appointment this morning that would add to the entertainment. ;)

First off, we'll start with my doctor appointment. This one was to get my blood-sugar checked, AKA check if I have Gestational Diabetes. Neither diabetes or gestational diabetes run in my family, so I wasn't too scared of this appointment. I did, however, read a lot of information online from other women in the USA who had the same tests done and nearly every one of them said that the test SUCKED. They had all said they had to drink this weird glucose drink and it made them feel like shit for the rest of the day. This pretty much made me not excited because I have to leave for work in a minute!

Anyways, the doctor was FINE! My drink had a sort of black berry taste to it, and didn't make me feel anything... Besides hungry! You see, I wasn't supposed to EAT or DRINK since 9 pm last night. AH! You can imagine how HUNGRY I was this morning! Not to mention my stomach was growling up a storm while I waited the TWO HOURS at my doctor. hahaha. Long story short, I do not have gestational diabetes. HOORAY!

Now on to the fun part of this post.. I have officially gained almost 5 kilograms! Now for all of my American family and friends, 1 Kilogram = 2.2046226218487757 Pounds. hahah! So, to break that down for you, once again, 5 Kilograms = 11.023113109243878 Pounds. So I guess I've gained about 10 lbs already. GAH! That makes me feel fat.. Although I DO still have days that I feel GREAT. (We just won't mention the days that I feel like SHIT..)

ON TO THE PICTURES!




As you can see, with NO shirt covering the tummy and my pants unbuttoned, my belly looks HUGE!


And this would be with my pants buttoned and shirt pulled down, AKA normal. I am finally showing! People can actually tell that I am pregnant and not fat! That's my "accomplishment" this week. hahaha. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject!
    pregnancy diabetes diet indian

    ReplyDelete