First of all, I do have to say that I find it rather funny that this award is a perfect example of what "Germlisch" is. (A mix of English and German.) "Liebster" is German for darling, beloved, or in the blogger world, more-so "favorite."
So the rules of the "Liebster Blog Award" are like this:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
So now I have to post 11 things about myself. And they should probably not be things that I already have listed about myself under my "Yours Truly" tab. Let's see what I can think of...
- I used to bite my nails, A LOT. Husband helped me break the habit and I'm pretty proud of my naturally "long" nails. (They are medium in length.)
- As I mentioned to Kat in her comments, I am kind of obsessed with zombies. No really. I love zombie movies and zombies are my "go-to" outfit for Halloween. I love making everything bloody.
- Speaking of Halloween, OMG, I LOVE HALLOWEEN. I used to have an abundance of decorations, and then I moved to Germany. I started collecting again, and then my husband disposed of the decorations upon moving last year when I was in California. (Asshole. I was not happy about that!) And dressing up, OMG! SO MUCH FUN!
- More about Halloween: It's just over a month away and I have no idea what I'm dressing William up as! I thought about making him a mummy, though. That might be fun!
- More on William (and kids in general): Prior to having William, I never had that "mother's instinct." I was kind of worried about how I would handle having a kid, but I've settled quite nicely. My own mother even told me she was slightly worried about me becoming a mom, but she's been rather surprised! ha.
- Hmm, the last book I read was probably something required during high school. I'd rather read the internet.
- I'm a movie junkie. Husband and I both love watching movies. (Currently excited for "Taken 2" which is coming out in November!)
- I love my old(er) husband. ha! He is 40 now and I love it. He ages really well, and I love that about him. I have a weird thing for older men as it is, he just takes the cake!
- I grew up in a cow town. Lots of cowboys, horses, cows, and whatnot. I grew up seeing a lot of older men in Wranglers at rodeos. Yes, I went to rodeos every year.
- Sometimes I really want to scream "Just go to sleep!" when my kid is fighting it. But as soon as he smiles, it's like love at first sight again. And I have to hug him and squish his chubby little cheeks.
- On September 1st, I started Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred." Today I finished Day 3 and wooo! I feel great. Sure, my legs are sore, but I like the burn.
And my 11 (what's with this random "11" number?) questions from Kat:
- What do you prefer? A comfy couch and a nice film or a wild party? I used to answer questions like these with "a wild party" but because I'm married and have a 6 month old son, I'd much rather cuddle with my husband and son on the couch and watch a movie.
- A tattoo artist offers you a tattoo for free. Would you like to have one and if yes, would it be of any meaning to you or do you just wanna have something decorative? I have A LOT of ideas for new tattoos, but nothing really has any meaning behind it, other than "That's fucking rad!" Of course, all my ideas are rad in my mind.
- If you could choose every gift you would like to have, what would it be right now? Right now, I'd choose about $50k, so that my family could pick up and move to California without any financial troubles for the first year or so.
- If our world was fictional and you could be every creature you can imagine, what would you look like or what species would you like to be (a mermaid maybe...?). Because I've always had dreams about flying, and of course I'd like to remain a sexy bitch, I'd choose to be a Succubus.
- Would you like the experience to be the opposite gender just for one day? I supposed it'd be fun to know how to pee standing up.
- If you think of a future where machines do all tasks for us so we don't have to make an effort out of everything anymore, do you think it is cool or scary? I think it would be cool at first, but I'm thinking it'd turn into something nutty like that movie "iRobot." No thanks.
- Do you have a big goal you want to accomplish? At the moment, I'm working on getting us moved back to California. After that, my goal is to go back to school and get a degree in Criminal Justice.
- Complete the sentence: For me, the greatest thing about being alive is... my son. He makes everything worth while.
- Do you believe in paranormal things or did something like that every happen to you? I believe in ghosts, for sure! (Heaven and Hell? Not so much..)
- The craziest thing you did until today? Hmm, let's see. When I was 10 I jumped off a waterfall into the water below. And then when I was 19 I jumped off of some cliffs, also into the water below. Only that was pretty dangerous, because people have died doing what I did in that exact spot.
- Any last words now that the torture of the Liebster award is over? ;-) Eleven is a random ass number for something like this. And I hope I didn't bore my readers.
And here are 11 random questions for my Liebster picks.
- If you could dye your hair one color right now that would never fade and you were never able to dye it ever again, what color would you choose?
- Let's talk tattoos. What's your dream tattoo and where on your body would it be located?
- If money weren't a problem, what would your dream car be?
- Speaking of dreams, what's your dream job?
- Favorite sport?
- If you had the option of buying a small house, or renting a mansion, which would you choose?
- You're stranded on an island: Who do you make friends with: A beach ball? Or a coconut? (Choose wisely..)
- Would you rather live somewhere that has snow year round, or somewhere where the temperature is over 100°F year round?
- What's your "go to" outfit when you're having a bad day?
- Do you pick up hitchhikers? Or have you ever wanted to?
- Tell me something about yourself that I don't already know.
Whew! That took a lot longer than expected and the questions weren't as easy to pop out as I thought. BUT here are my Liebster picks:
- Kat @ Mama Kat's Losin' it
- Jill @ Scary Mommy
- Jes @ The Militant Baker
- Kaelah Bee @ Little Chief Honeybee
- Erica @ The Painted Trailer
- Heather AKA PrincessMama @ Banana Clips, Music and Me!
- Brittany @ Crazy. Mama. Love.
- Susan @ Boca Frau
- Hilary @ Feeling Beachie
- Jo @ Will the kids turn out ok?
- Lydia @ No Day Without Yarn