Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day "One"

Today marks 15 days post postpartum. William is 15 days old. I have no idea how much weight I lost after the birth because I haven't been on a scale since the day prior to it (March 2).

Goal for tomorrow (since everything is closed on Sundays in Germany): Buy a scale! haha

This is what I wrote on Facebook today:
Day 1 of our diet. I will be accountable for my weight gain/loss. I will lose the baby weight. And by posting it on Facebook, I'm telling the world I can and will do it. I'm happy Uwe [husband] and I have chosen to do this together. A partner always helps with encouragement. :)
 I am keeping progress of my weight loss journey on MyFitnessPal.  Are you a member? Join me!

5 comments:

  1. Wow 15 days postpartum seems pretty early to be worried about your weight! But it's good you're on myfitnesspal because there are tons of groups and forums that are really helpful.

    I'm also on myfitnesspal buuuut I've been slacking haha. I don't remember the last time I tracked exercise PLUS I think it's been a weekish since I've last exercised. Urghh. My name on there is Polyhymnia (yes, it's the name of my cat...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not WORRIED about my weight, rather, I'd like to by comfortable in my skin again. I feel all squishy from popping a kid out! haha

      Delete
  2. I'm not WORRIED about my weight, rather, I'd like to by comfortable in my skin again. I feel all squishy from popping a kid out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you want to make yourself accountable but you really shouldn't start anything until 4-6 weeks after the birth, especially if you are breastfeeding. You can take walks and stuff but you shouldn't push too hard it's not good for the body either!!! But either way... Good luck!!! And William is the cutest... I love the football pics on FB. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no worries there! I'm not doing any work outs right now. I'm just trying to get back into my groove of daily dog walks on the river, with baby in tow. The doctors originally said 6-8 weeks pp is when I can start being active again, so I have 4-6 weeks still. Boo! - I'm just starting to EAT healthy now, because my husband and I have been wanting to do so for a long time coming.

      Delete