Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wordless (almost) Wednesday - Look what I can crochet!

So it's been about a month since I took up crocheting. I made two "scarves" - which weren't really scarves, more or less, they were shit. I then met up with my girl Lydia over at NoDayWithoutYarn and everything has been getting better since then!

Here are some photos of the things I've been making:

Cell phone cozy for me.
(Totally not perfect, but this was the first project I made and finished!)

Cell phone cozy for Husband.
(He requested his team colors. This was my first time using two colors at once!)


Valentine's Day project: Hearts for...

A Heart Garland!

So I've totally learned how to slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet, and triple crochet. I'm so proud of myself! :))


26 comments:

  1. Proud of you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud! They all turned out awesome! :)


    Snow Bunny or Not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Veronica, you did really great! I don´t have the patience to crochet. You can be proud of yourself! How are you and the Baby?
    I like your Template!
    Happy WW!
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a lot of time on my hands while I wait for this baby, and I like to keep my hands busy. Crocheting is, so far, fun! :)

      I'm doing great, actually. No health problems and baby is due in about a week! I hope he comes out on time. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. love the cell phone cover!! good luck with your new baby..pretty soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! look soo soft!
    thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the heart garland. I learned to crochet from my grandma way back when in Germany. But with 3 kids underfoot I don't get to it too often. By the way I used to live not too far from were you are now. Well, at least with the Autobahn it's not too far. (Near Leipzig.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, No kidding! I'm sure 3 kids would keep any mom busy!
      And of course I know where Leipzig is. I'm pretty sure we've gone over this before, too. haha :)

      Delete
  7. They turned out awesome. I've never crocheted before but I used to knit a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocheting is turning out to be a good "keep me busy" hobby. haha Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Wow, they look great!! I wish I could crochet. Or knit. Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And all I did was watch a YouTube video on learning to crochet, and then I just had at it! I also use the website www.Ravelry.com to find new patterns, ideas, and chat with other crocheters. :)

      Delete
  9. Look at you! Love those cell phone covers. And the heart garland...too cute! I wish I had the patience to crochet or knit. It always looks like such a cool thing to be able to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have NO patience at all, which is why I have two "scarves" that never got finished. They look like crap!

      Delete
  10. Well, I'm impressed. I've never crotched. Your hearts are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the cell phone covers!

    ReplyDelete