Friday, February 17, 2012

5xF Blog Hop - Diving In!

 5xF = Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun. It's a Blog Hop!

A blog that I follow (BocaFrau) just posted this today and I thought it'd be fun to jump in on the fun. I've been by the hosting blog (Feeling Beachie) a few times for Wordless Wednesdays, so I'm familiar with her as well. And this is the 50th week of the Blog Hop, so it seemed like the perfect time.

Even more so, I've got a lot of time on my hands. So why not, right? Right.





This week's statements:

1. Sometimes I ____

2. I ___ high school

3. Deciding what to ___________________________ before I ___________________ is such a pain sometimes

4. _________________is my favorite_________________


And my answers:

1. Sometimes I am very boring. Like right now. I'm blogging and crocheting. But get me all excited-like and I'm a bundle-o-fun. Alcohol sure loosens me up quick. (Ask my husband! ha!) And I'm sure the next time I go drinking, it's going to be a riot, because I haven't drank since my birthday last year - Which is when I became pregnant! haha!

2. I liked high school. It wasn't horrible, yet not awesome. I wasn't the best person at anything, however, I was pretty good at what I did do. I had good grades, played sports year-round, and was involved in nearly every club there was to be involved in. I was a social butterfly and it was fun!

3. Deciding what to eat for dinner before I starve and eat everything in sight is such a pain sometimes. Not only that, asking my husband and/or stepsons what they want for dinner makes me want to jump off a bridge. Well, not literally.. But the responses I get from them are usually "I don't know. What do YOU want?" I usually end up doing the process-of-elimination when deciding what's for dinner. IE: Last night we had spaghetti, therefore, no noodles tonight. That means no lasagna. Or whatever..

4. Call of Duty is my favorite video game series. Yes, I'm a nerd. And proud of it. I've been a nerd ever since I can remember. Growing up, my parents never bought me gaming consoles, but I played with my friends at their houses whenever I could. I was (and still am..) the Tetris master. You think you can beat my top score at Mario Bros? Forget it! I'll show you secret passages you've never seen before. In 2005 is when I started playing FPS (first person shooter) games on the XBOX. I started out with Halo, which I also kicked butt at, and eventually grew on to start playing and loving Call of Duty. I have Call of Duty 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8. Addicted much? Yes. And I'm pretty good. Now, I'm not saying I will kick everyone's butt, but I can give you a run for your money, that's for sure. Try me!





16 comments:

  1. You're not the only boring one. I'm copying down all of my printed out recipes and the ones I have saved on my computer, onto the recipe cards for my recipe box. This totally makes me happy. Excuse me, while I push my taped up glasses back up my nose, please, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I totally pictured the glasses on the tip of your nose, too.

      Delete
  2. Oh give me a day of boredom please!! LOL I have 3 girls under the age of 4 here right now, and it is loud! I mean shatter all my crystal so I can't even have a glass of wine to stop the shaking, loud! They are just playing, but seriously, with the high pitch screaming? Please God - fix their volume control!

    If I only I didn't suck at video games, I might be able to shoot something to lessen the stress - ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, hahaha! I couldn't imagine having 3 girls so young! Props to you for still being in one piece! ;)

      Delete
  3. I could never get the whole video game thing down...I'm sure I have 10 thumbs and that doesn't work too well with the controllers.
    BTW...I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure I'll have arthritis when I'm older.. haha.

      Delete
  4. I felt like I was reading my own dinner-life story when I read your # 3! I completely feel your pain! And so does my waist....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a good video gamer-----we have a Kinect and I do it but somehow I just don't really get the hang of the whole controller thing with the xbox. My sons are experts but me...not so much! And I seriously doubt that you are boring judging from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Kinect, too! It's a lot of fun, but I have to admit it's been quite some time since I last used it.. haha.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for playing along!!! I am following back... I agree with Beth Ann - I doubt you are boring. But, then again, I love to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinner at my house is the same. Between the hubby and the kids it gets dicey. The only good thing is that hubby loves to cook and so I don't have to every day. My son would probably adore you and want to play video games with you ALL day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. Do you need something to take your mind of waiting...I know that last week nearly killed me all three times!!! Here are two awards for you!!!! :) Come on over and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Susi! Thanks for stopping by & for the message. Unfortunately I read a lot of blogs and don't know yours off the top of my head. Also, it's not linked up to your name when I click on it. You'll have to give me the web address for your blog!

      Thanks again.
      -Veronica

      Delete
    2. Oh, now I feel stupid! I didn't put "Susan" and "Susi" together. D'oh!

      Delete