Thursday, January 19, 2012

35 weeks - HOLY CRAP! 5 to go!

Happenings of the Harper Household


Hello blog land! I'm reporting here from week 35 of my pregnancy, and HOLY CRAP! I'm getting so close! This shit is getting real! And I'm more nervous about the birth every day! EEP!

Today at my weekly doctor appointment I had the usual machine strapped to my belly for 30 minutes to listen/record Pea Baby's heart rate, and everything is still sounding good on that end. It's so cool getting to LISTEN to him while he's in my belleh'! I also had another ultrasound today, and my doctor measured my cervix. Everything is A-OKAY in that department and there does NOT appear any signs of a premature baby in my future. (As of today, anyways.)

I'm also happy to report that baby has successfully turned himself around and is sitting happily with his head in the correct position! HOORAY! We were afraid he'd be too BIG to do that himself, so I'm very happy to know that he's done it himself.

Our birthing class last night was fun. We were going over different positions that we are able to give birth in, and demonstrating them. There were a couple positions in which you sit in front of your spouse that Husband VERY much enjoyed. He even said we needed to try those positions at home, in our bedroom, naked. Uh-huh! Well then! At least he's enjoying the classes now, amiright? hahah.

And here's my belleh' for the world to see! Can you tell it's dropping a little..? I definitely see it when I look in the mirror. And look, there's Sami! She's always photo bombing. haha. In this case though, she's looking out the back window, and not at the camera.



Symptoms: Okay, so I'm a big fat liar lately. I keep forgetting about the back pain that I have whenever I write my posts. I guess I've just gotten so use to the pain, that it seems normal, and not like a "symptom" anymore. Other than that, I've been feeling a lot of feet in my right underside of my ribcage, which makes me feel the need to STRETCH out my body so I don't feel the big boy kickin' me! This also leads to a lot of sitting, then standing, then sitting, then standing throughout my day - because I just can't get comfortable with the back pain and feet in my ribs. haha.

Weight Gain: Today I weighed in at 83,9 kg (185 lbs), which puts me at +9,9 kg (21.8 lbs) since the beginning of my pregnancy, and +0,6 kg (1.32 lbs) from last week. DAMN!

Cravings: Just my oatmeal and bacon. Nothing new. haha ;)

Food Aversions: Nothing! Everything tastes great. ;)

What made me cry this week: WOOHOO! We've made it two weeks in a row without crying!

Medical Stuff: Happy to report that Pea Baby is still doing great, and I'm about over this head cold of mine. I've only got a bit of a stuffy nose, but it's totally manageable now. Though, husband now seems to have it.. D'Oh!

Something I am excited about: Funny story: As most of you probably see now from my photos, I have tattoos. As being a tattooed person, I enjoy going to tattoo conventions and would love to get more tattoos, of course. There is a tattoo convention coming up on February 4 & 5 in Dresden that I "like" on Facebook. (They have a page made for the convention.) They posted on Monday that they were looking for models for a little fashion show they are putting on at the convention. I commented on the status "Too bad that I'm pregnant! haha" thinking there was no way they'd want Mrs. Preggo pants there.

Tuesday morning I woke up to a message from a clothing company owner that has a booth at the convention and is participating in the fashion show. It turns out that they NEED pregnant women to model their clothes! She gave me a link to the website so I could check out the clothing and see for myself that they lacked photos of the maternity clothing.

After a few e-mails back and forth with her and the person in charge of the convention, I got two free entries to the tattoo convention (me + husband) and I will be modeling in the fashion show! HOW FRIGGIN' EXCITING IS THAT?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your new job! Sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete